Monday, August 31, 2009

Diesel and the Bean Stalk


I love Sunday. I get to take my dogs on a long walk. I take different dogs on the weekend so each of them get to run and explore. I took Diesel, Bella and 5 puppies on a walk. We usually put in a couple of miles. Diesel (German Shep) and Bella (Airedale) and Bob's pup Raven and were walking and all the sudden they stop and turn around and dove in the beans! Diesel started barking and then I could smell the problem! BADGER, Bob had turned around to go back home (belly problems). I thought holly SH*** here I am with five 14 week old puppies and they think they are big dogs. I could see Bob at the end of the road, so I started yelled and yelled!! He could not hear me (selective hearing). Back in the beans the fight was on. The beans were above my waist. I had tennis shoes on and I really did not want to get bit. I could hear the dogs fighting and I know the big dogs could hold their own but not the pup that was in there thinking she could whip this Badger. I finally get an eye on Raven (little pup) and I garbed her. She wanted nothing to do with me, she fought and barked almost gave me a concussion lol. So I let her down, I was trying to keep the rest of the pups off. Then I heard the boys going down the road on the 4-wheelers. I jumped up and down hoping they would come to my rescue. Thank goodness they seen me. Brett and Dustin and one of their buddies came to see what I needed. I told Brett to go get his Dad and hurry we had a Badger and all these little pups. Bob showed up with Ed, he is our male Patterdale. The fight did not last long. Ed got the badger out in the open so we could get the dogs back and move on! You just never know what you will run into in the country.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I would have peed my pants!

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell