Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shorty Bulls

One of the dogs pulling




The New pup Anne















Had a great time this weekend. Bob and I went to Marysville to visit a friend that has the same hunting terriers we have. Jess got two pups from us. One last year and one about a month ago. When we got to Jess's house there was a dog there that I did not recognize. Holy cow, it was Lola the pup he got last year from us. She looked like a weight lifter!! I could not believe my eyes. She looked really good. I told Bob before we left NOT to let me get a pup (Jess has pups) and well this little cute thing came up to me and I melted! Yes, a little female patterdale Annie. I guess I could spend my money (she was free) on other things but these dogs make me tick!!! Jess wanted us to meet a lady that has Shorty Bulls. I must say I have never seen one before and they were not my kind of dog but they were cute. Jamie ( the bulldog lady) and I hit it off right from the get go. She loves dogs and I love dogs. Jamie told us that they were having a dog pulling contest to raise money for a guy that was hurt in a motor cycle accident. I was like a little kid in a candy store. Some thing NEW and some thing I have never seen. I was in. Bob looked at me like ok what ever makes you happy ( he gives me this look quite often). These dogs were incredible, they weighted any where from 30 lbs to 110 lbs. They could pull as much as 3 tons. That's a lot of weight. Wish I could have brought some of my dog's and put a little money in the pot! I really enjoyed my Saturday with Bob and all the dogs.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cool! Glad you posted again! :)

Jen said...

I like the new format of your blog with the big photo of you and Bob at the top! Very cool!

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell