Sunday, September 20, 2009

Flint Hills

Indian Monument
Flint Hills

Flint Hills


Natural Spring



Flint Hills


Bob and I and some friends took a 4-wheeler ride out to the Flint Hills. I really was not in the mood to go riding but once I found out we were going to the Springs, I was in!! The springs have water that bubbles up all year round. The water at the Springs is very cold and shallow. You can look for miles and miles and just see rolling hills, cattle and grass. No telephone lines no houses no cars no nothing. I can picture in my head the Indians and the Buffalo out there and how it must have been years ago. It takes my breath away the beauty of it all. They call it "God's country" and I can see why. One of my other favorite places to go in the Flint Hills is Diamond Springs. I would love to live down there (not Bob). I took a picture of a Indian Monument. Not for sure the story on it but it looks neat. I have gone down to Diamond when I have had something on my mind and need to clear my head. This place is so peaceful. I hope that my grand children get to see all the wonderful thing I have got to see in such a natural state. Thanks Bob for another memorable day, I love spending time with you!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Anyone who thinks Kansas isn't beautiful hasn't spent enough time here. :)

Great photos - glad you had a nice day out together!

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell