Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Flower Garden









Well summer is close to an end and I hate to see my hard work die. I got this bright idea to grow my own flowers starting with seed's. I went to Home Depot and bought a shelf and some florescent light to help them grow better. Man this was a lot of work. I had to keep them moist but not to moist. The first batch I killed ( I though I really had a green thumb). Being the person I am and don't do well with defeat, I started a new round (when it got a little warmer). They did OK, not what I had expected. I found a green house on sale, and yes I bought it!!! Cant waite until next spring to experiment with it. I want to use the seed's from my flowers outside to make more flower's (Bob I know what you are thinking). I also had this weird vine growing in my flower bed, I could not waite to see what it was going to produce. Gourds, the kind you can make bird houses out of!!! So, I have been reading up on how to dry them and make bird houses out of them. So if any one is interested ( I have lot's growing) I would be happy to pass some your way. There is nothing like getting dirt under your finger nails and the smell of dirt. Shell

9 comments:

Jen said...

YOur flower garden looks awesome. Sure wish I had even a hint of a green thumb.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will do better next year. if I get cremated after I die you can use my ashes. If you do you will have truely a green thumb. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Your flower gardens & fish pond were beautiful this year. I especially think the special bed by the old shed is lovely,
Love MOM

Jen said...

Wow! You really had a pretty flower garden! I'd love to have a birdhouse gourd! Those things are so neat! I could hang it under the deck!

Jen said...

In the fourth photo down... is Bob wearing undies outside?

I guess you are far enough out in the country to do that!

Bob & Shelly Muhlig said...

yes, my mom got them for him. You just add water and they turn into undies. Did you notice that they are PINK????

Jen said...

Yeah, I noticed that. :)

Anonymous said...

i just read the posts, those are not undies they are man britches

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous. My flower bed didn't look anywhere near as good. I wish I had your green thumb and that I found gardening relaxing.

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell