Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kids and birthdays


Well it has been crazy around here. With school starting and birthdays all in the same week and a crazy work schedule have left not much time to post. Brett's birthday was on Friday (13 yrs old) and Ashley's was on Tuesday (the big 16). Brett decided to have just a dad and son b-day and to spend it deer hunting (Sept 13 youth season). I hope that they have the opportunity to shoot a nice buck. Ashley has decided to have friends over this weekend and to go to the mall on Saturday and chase guys and shop!! I can not believe that she is 16. It just seems like yesterday that I was dropping her off to kindergarten and crying that my little baby girl was starting school. They are both such good kids and I am so blessed to have both of them!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, how time flies!!

Anonymous said...

Just wait they will soon be in their 40's

Jen said...

Is Ash coming to Manhattan to shop? If she is, beware, it is a home KState game so the town will be crazy busy.

Hope the kids had great birthdays - tell 'em I love 'em!

Anonymous said...

JUST THINK!!!! BY THE END OF THIS
YEAR YOU TWO WILL BE LIVING WITH 3
TEENAGERS!!!!YIKES!!!
LOVE MOM

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell