Thursday, January 1, 2009

Glad the Holidays are over!!

Bella and I on the trap line



The boys and their new friends






Well, it has been a month since we have posted. Lots going on. My mom came from Houston. We had a nice visit. We even got Bob to go to the mall (we did leave early, he and I had enough). My cousin came down with one of his friends. Bob and Nathan wrestled and Nathan squealed like a girl !! We also went to Bob's side for x-mas. Had a god time there also. They really make me laugh. The kids are enjoying being out of school. We have not seen much of Ashley. Dustin has been a house bum. And Brett has been building a fort at father Padilla park all week with his friends. Bob and I have spend our two weeks off, hunting the dogs, calling coyotes and running a trap line. Hate to go back to work next week. I was I was retired and could do this every day!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Was so nice to see you guys at Christmas! Glad you posted ~ I've missed your blog!

Anonymous said...

Retired is not all good. Lot of time to waist, and your old!!!. Charish what you have. I miss the good times with the kids, and being young enough to hunt and fish all day. I love you all, and wish you can retire young as I did. Love Dad

Jen said...

Shell, I would LOVE to borrow the 4th book in the Twilight series. I am almost done with the 3rd one. I am captivated by them ~ wish I would have read them way back when you recommended them!

Jen said...

I am nearly done with the 4th book in the series. (I have a serious problem with delayed gratification, so I just went out and bought it.) I am so glad you recommended it - I have truly enjoyed the books. They are suspenseful and romantic!

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell