Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things I have been working on

Stocking caps,blankies and scarfs
My Afhgan now

My Afghan being born


Well I have been passing the time at night crocheting. I must say I really do enjoy it. I have a client that makes baby afghans and sends them to the children hospitals. I made 3 of them and I hope they keep little babies warm this winter. My afghan I started on a few months back has grown very large. It's 9 feet long and 5 foot wide. I have made the kids stocking caps (Brett's the only one that wears his). But the best of all my nephew wears his stocking cap all the time. That makes me smile and warms my heart! I'm working on some x-mas stuff (man it's time for that already) I would really like to learn how to make granny squares. I bought a set of looms and they are fun also. There are so many things you can make with the looms. I'm going to take a class on knitting. Will see if I like that as much as I like crocheting. Thanks Roberta for teaching an old dog a new trick!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful crocheting!

I am praying that I can learn, too! We'll see if I can do it!

Jen said...

That is awesome. I wished I would have learned that skill and quilting from my grandma.

Jen said...

Hey Shell, I officially signed up for the knitting class at Wildflowers. I even bought my knitting needles and some KSU purple yarn! :)

Bob & Shelly Muhlig said...

I guess I will have to buy Orange! lol see ya there.

the Provident Woman said...

That's awesome! Look how busy you've been. I wish I was good at that stuff.

Books I had read

  • Rainwater loved it
  • The Lovely Bones
  • My sisters keeper
  • The Secret
  • The Time Travelers Wife
  • In progress:All new square foot gardening
  • Breaking dawn last book from the Twilight series
  • Eclipse good
  • New Moon
  • Twilight (Could not put it down)
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter (I really could relate to this book)
  • The Guardian (very good)
  • The Horse Whisperer
  • The Smoke Jumper ( really liked it)
  • The Loop it is about Wolves (very good)
  • The Last Lecture

About Me

My photo
Shelly: I am very different than most ladies. I like hunting, fishing, traping,riding my motor cycle, gardening, taking pictures and spending time with my family. I have two wonderful kids and a wonderful step son. I grew up in Texas and moved to Kansas 6 years ago. I have my own hair salon and enjoy my work. I have been a hair dresser for 15 yrs now. I also enjoy my Terriers, they bring me such happiness. Shell